What is the WTTC Safe Travels stamp?
The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) created the world's first ever global safety and hygiene stamp. The specially designed Safe Travels stamp enables travelers to recognize destinations around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols.
The Guam Visitors Bureau (GVB) serves as the official organization to advocate for the implementation of these protocols in Guam and to issue the Safe Travels stamp to local businesses.
Why should I obtain the WTTC Safe Travels stamp?
- The Safe Travels stamp is globally recognized & instills a level of confidence in both the tourism trade and domestic/international consumers.
- Using the stamp is an important and powerful symbol for tourists, workers and other stakeholders, as it represents a consistent, global approach for COVID-19 safety practices.
- Taking advantage of the stamp can rebuild trust among tourists and within the tourism sector, so that it is possible to enjoy safe travel as restrictions are relaxed and the industry reactivates.
- Placing the stamp alongside your company logo on your website, emails, and digital channels can generate business materials, videos, social media campaigns and other communication relative to the attention of the COVID-19 health emergency and safe business protocols.
- The Safe Travels stamp is free of charge and available to all eligible businesses in Guam who implement health and hygiene protocols, as outlined by the WTTC.
Step 1: Review the WTTC's Terms & Conditions.
Step 2: Fill out and submit the application form below and upload your business reopening health and hygiene protocols.
Step 3: Once your application and reopening protocols have been verified and approved, you will receive an email from GVB with a .zip file containing the WTTC 'Safe Travels' logo package and branding guidelines.
"In recent months, all sectors of Guam's tourism industry have gone to great lengths to ensure the health and safety of their guests. From our airport, hotels, restaurants, attractions, and much more, we've proactively adapted to the global standard and "new normal" of travel. These unprecedented times have helped us recognize that the recovery and resiliency of Guam's economy relies on our shared responsibility to provide a safe travel experience.
The Guam Visitors Bureau (GVB) is proud to announce that our island's protocols have been recognized by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC). The WTTC's Safe Travels stamp is yet another way to demonstrate our commitment to the health of tourists and locals alike.
Through consistency in the messaging and implementation of these protocols, we hope to instill confidence in our source markets as we welcome visitors to the island again."
Carl T.C. Gutierrez
President & CEO,
Guam Visitors Bureau
To read more about WTTC's Global Protocols, click here.
For assistance with the application process, please contact Ms. Gabbie Franquez via email at gabryel.franquez(gvb)visitguam.org. For media inquiries, please contact Mr. Josh Tyquiengco via email at josh.tyquiengco(gvb)visitguam.org.