PurposeThe Guam Visitors Bureau (GVB) would like to increase access to our beautiful island paradise by growing air seat capacity from Guam’s tourism source markets. To accomplish this, GVB would like to provide support to existing and new air carriers as an incentive to establish or strengthen air service to Guam. GVB is pleased to offer the following programs for this purpose: (1) Regular Air Service Recovery Program and (2) Charter Flight Program.
- Ignite recovery efforts to reestablish and/or sustain air service to Guam.
- Target seasonal air service based on demand and campaigns through charter flights.
- Sustain current air service by providing subsidies to airline partners.
- Share the risk of business during economic recovery in the travel and tourism industry.
- Promote Guam’s unique selling points to strengthen brand equity in target markets.
Programs are applicable to other destinations not listed above, so long as the air carrier possesses all the governmental authorizations to operate. GVB remains committed to opening new markets and growing air service in underserved markets.
Travel trade partners are welcome to apply as soon as possible. GVB will no longer accept applications on July 31, 2022.
Programs are subject to the availability of funds. Once the budget limit has been reached, the support programs will be terminated and may not be offered again. Applicants will be notified of any changes 30 days in advance or as soon as possible.
Program approval and agreement may terminate between both parties (the applicant and GVB) should travel advisory levels be raised to a level that will negatively impact travel between both countries. If the agreement shall be canceled or amended, a notice will be sent ten (10) days in advance or as soon as possible.
Termination or Amendment of Agreement
The information collected as part of this program is strictly confidential and will be kept solely between the applicant and GVB. The Bureau understands the Information may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material and it will not be shared externally.
GVB’s charter flight marketing program would like to provide incentives to any travel trade partner willing to charter flights directly to Guam. These incentives will be in the form of monetary support per seat sold. Support will be provided to the partner that enters into contract for charters flights based on its sellable seat allocation.
Charter Flight Program
- Applicable to unscheduled regular air service conducted on a charter flight basis.
- Open to all Guam travel trade partners, which can be an airline, travel agent, or private company that enters into a charter flight contract.
- Applicant must provide the contract for each charter flight clearly noting the dates of the charter/s, seats allocation, charter cost and signatures from each party. If the document is not in English, a translation must be provided.
- Applicant must provide a Passenger Results Form for each charter flight indicating the number of arriving passengers. This document is required to process support payment.
- The charter contract signatory shall receive US$100 per pax for seats sold.
- Incentive is not based on seat capacity.
- Transit passengers are excluded from the count of seats sold.
- Support will be paid in U.S. dollars directly to the contract signatory.
- Support amount can be divided between joint charter organizers based on the number of seats sold, if applicable.
Regular Air Service Incentive Program
- Open to existing and new airlines servicing Guam.
- Open to extra flight operation on existing scheduled service.
- A maximum applicable operation period of three (3) months beginning from the date of resumption of service or the specified date of new operations.
- Must provide service for at least four (4) consecutive weeks.
- Must be able to provide operation cost per round trip flight. This is defined as the total fixed and estimated variable costs to operate the service to Guam.
- Must be able to provide established breakeven load factor.
- Applicants must submit a monthly Passenger Results Form reporting the status of flights and arrivals to verify operations.
- The airline shall be provided with a subsidy of a fixed USD amount per sellable seat on each inbound Guam flight.
- Subsidy is based on the sellable seat capacity for successfully completed regularly scheduled flights. Return flights outbound from Guam returning to the country of origin are not eligible for subsidies.
- Any support amount will be forfeited or not paid if the airline fails to meet applicable conditions.
How to Apply
|Visit visitguam.com/aire to download the program information.|
|Complete the GVB application form by filling in applicant information, program selection, flight information, outbound flight schedule, inbound flight schedule, operational information, and applicant signature sections in English.|
|Complete the GVB Vendor Registration Form, IRS Form that applies to your company (Form W-8BEN-E or Form 8233), and GVB ACH/WIRE Transfer Information Sheet & Application Form.|
|Collect supporting documents relevant to the program that your company is applying for. For example, the signed charter contract is required for charter flight program applications.|
|Submit all forms and supporting documents by email to [email protected].
Please make sure all forms are completed and signed by your company’s authorized representative.
Mr. Brian Borja
Marketing Manager – Air Service Development
Guam Visitors Bureau
401 Pale San Vitores Road
Tumon, Guam 96913
Email: [email protected]